In the month of July 2017, we have created a new project within our project named Green & Violet Always Wins “The Fight against Lymphoma”.
As stated by the Cancer Society of New Zealand Lymphoma is:
Lymphoma is the general term for cancers that develop in the lymphatic system. Lymphoma originates in developing B-lymphocytes and T-lymphocytes, which have undergone a malignant (cancerous) change. This means that they multiply without any proper order forming tumors, which are collections of cancer cells. These tumors cause swelling in the lymph nodes and other parts of the body. Over time, malignant lymphocytes (called lymphoma cells) crowd out normal lymphocytes and eventually the immune system becomes weakened and can no longer function properly.
The World Health Organisation currently recognizes over 40 different sub-types of lymphoma with five of these sub-types belonging to a group of diseases called Hodgkin lymphoma. All other sub-types are commonly grouped together and called Non-Hodgkin lymphomas (or B- and T-cell lymphomas).
The reason we created this project is because our volunteer manager who is also my mother was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer Stage 3. Therefore, because we not only believe in not only helping the world, but also helping our own individuals in need we have decided to focus on helping her and also have decided to focus on raising awareness for others who are also going through Lymphoma Cancer.
We have done some research into what would best help those not only in New Zealand, but also around the world going through Lymphoma. This is a new area for The Planet Humanity Project to cover and we are learning at the same time as the rest of the world. Therefore, we will be documenting our Volunteer Managers Journey through short Video Logs and/or blog posts as she begins the fight against Lymphoma and we would love for you to Video blog and/or blog with us or send us your stories/journey’s so we can fight Lymphoma together.
This is how you can help us to raise awareness and help those suffering from Lymphoma.
Join us in Raising Awareness for Lymphoma by following one of the prompts below:
- Share a photo of yourself holding a sign wearing either Lime green or violet and make sure your sign say’s “Lime Green & Violet Always Wins by TPHP and hashtag or tag #theplanethumanityproject #thefightagainstlymphoma #noonefightsalone in our attempt to raise more awareness around Lymphoma.
- Send us your story of how you are fighting Lymphoma, how you survived Lymphoma or any other Lymphoma related stories by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lymphoma story in the subject line in our hopes that we can build a community who encourages and supports each other. We will do our best to share each person’s story on our social media pages.
You can also support us financially in our quest to raise awareness for Lymphoma.
- You can support our Volunteer Manager directly by donating even just $1 to our Give a Little Page via this link: We will also use the funds to help others suffering from Lymphoma both here in New Zealand and around the world https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/helpandreafightlymphoma
- Join our Walking Stars walk where we will all wear Green & Violet to raise awareness for Lymphoma and raise funds for The Cancer Society of New Zealand Auckland Division register via this link and send us a message to email@example.com with walking stars stroll in the subject line so we know you are joining us on November 25th 2017 after 8pm – find more information via this link: http://www.walkingstars.org.nz/
Provide Resources for Lymphoma Warriors (Sufferer’s of Lymphoma Cancer.)
We have come up with an awesome idea to make Lymphoma Survival Packs. We will accept individual resource donations as well as Lymphoma Survival Pack resource donations. If yourself or a business would like to donate any of the following items to our Lymphoma Survival Packs we would be grateful.
Lymphoma Survival Packs Include:
- Sanitary Products (Liners & Pads)
- Shower Gel/Soaps/Facial Masks/Hand and Body Moisturizers/Deoderant
- Vomit Containers
- Hand Towels/Shower Towels/Cloths
- Medicine Packs/Bags/Weekly Containers, Pill Cases.
- Travel Blankets
- Travel Bags/Toilet Bags
- Wigs of any type, size and/or color
- Make-Up and Cosmetics
- Fruit (Apples, Pears, Berries, Banana’s, Tinned fruit salad, tinned pears, tinned pineapple)
- Vegetables – Potatoes, Kumara, Carrots, Cabbage or any vegetable that can be mashed and easily digested.
- Organic Juice (Pear, Pineapple, Apple)
- Water Bottles/Bottled Water
- Massage Gift Cards and/or vouchers
- Clothing Gift Cards and/or Vouchers
- Bandanna’s & Scarves
- Petrol Vouchers
- Miss Daisy Driving Vouchers for New Zealand Customers.
Please note this will be our one and only ongoing project. Green & Violet Always wins the fight against Lymphoma by The Planet Humanity Project will be our only continuous project and will have no end date. We are however starting this project in the month of July 2017 and will still be supporting another new cause in August 2017 and a new cause every month thereafter and run as normal.
If you have any ideas on how you would like to fund-raise or raise awareness please do let me know.
We look forward to sharing this journey with you.
Written by Sheridan O’Donnell – Owner-Operator of The Planet Humanity Project.